The geothermal reservoir and production engineering is complex multidisciplinary studies to provide an understanding of the dynamic behaviour of geothermal reservoir and with the application skills to assess those reservoirs. This would be accomplished with the knowledge about basic geothermal system, reservoir engineering, reservoir geomechanics and the working skills with tools to evaluate and model the reservoir. The geothermal reservoir and production engineering course uses advance knowledge and state of the art of geothermal reservoir simulation, like well testing for reservoir characterization, flow measurement and production testing, numerical geothermal reservoir modelling. The course aims at a multidisciplinary approach using concepts from geology, physics, and engineering
Most of the geothermal system in Indonesia is hydrothermal system and the development of geothermal energy in hydrothermal system high temperature still become a first priority of geothermal development. Therefore, the fundamental of dynamics and reservoir engineering, geomechanics, key reservoir parameters, flow measurement and numerical simulation should be understood well. The training course of “Geothermal Reservoir and Production Engineering Knowledge and Skills” might provide an excellent opportunity to increase in an efficient way the knowledge and skills that are required understanding of the dynamic behaviour of geothermal reservoir and with the application skills to assess those reservoirs.
This 2-week course (10 days) targets at reservoir and production engineering using lectures, exercises, and assignment and background reading material.
The main components of the course are:
- Basics of geothermal systems and reservoir engineering and reservoir geo-mechanics
- Flow measurements and production testing
- Well testing procedures for reservoir characterization
- Numerical geothermal reservoir modelling
The target group of the course are Master Students, PhD Students and Industrial Professionals. The participants should have a basic knowledge about reservoir geology, flow mechanics, and mathematical modelling.
The course is articulated around ten main modules:
- Main component of hydrothermal systems
Types of hydrothermal system, rock properties, conceptual model, key questions about reservoir
- Fundamental of dynamics reservoir engineering
Simple quantitative models, pressure transient models
- Reservoir geomechanics
Fundamental of geomechanics, coupling with flow, applications
- Identification of reservoir characterization and key parameters from logging, downhole measurement and well completion
Well logging, downhole measurements, well completions test
- Production Engineering. Production Test & Well Stimulation
Fundamental of production engineering, wellbore modelling, stimulation, flow measurement for steam wells & two-phase wells
- Wellbore testing
Fundamental of transient test, type of transient testing, dual porosity/dual permeability, testing hydraulic fractured wells, tracer test
- Geothermal reservoir modelling
Principle & methodology, lumped model, conceptual development model, computer model, data preparation for modelling, modelling process, natural state modelling, history matching, performance forecasting.
Each module starts with lecture those objectives to deliver the participant a solid foundation of the fundamental aspects. The lecture is followed by exercise that has designed to provide a throughout understanding of the different course introduced during the lecture.
Stress Conditions in the Earth
Stress configuration around borehole
- Nenny Miryani Saptadji (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
- Sutopo (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
- Ali Ashat (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
- Zuher Syihab (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
- Nurita Putri Hardiani (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
- Heru Berian Pratama (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
- Dimas Taha Maulana (Institut Teknologi Bandung)